Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Local Gem: Miguel Antonio

I had the pleasure of visiting De Tapas in Addison over the weekend and had a wonderful time listening to the classical guitar sounds of Miguel Antonio. Being that I had to take my wife out for our anniversary, hearing his beautiful flamenco inspired riffs more than made up for that. All I can say is: Wow! The way he strummed through Joaquín Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez and Fantasía para un Gentilhombre were beyond spectacular.

The first time I saw him was several years ago at SMU's Caruth Auditorium while I was in graduate school there. Talk about an amazing show! The Dallas/Fort Worth music scene is better because of Miguel Antonio's talent. This cabellero is truly a local gem. And it is a privilege to see and hear him play.

¡Olé!

No comments: