Saturday, April 26, 2008

MDA's Fill the Boot

At traffic intersections on the way home yesterday, I saw firefighters run from car to car asking for donations to MDA's Fill the Boot fundraiser. So if you see your local firefighers out on the streets this weekend, or any weekend for that matter, asking for donations to this great cause, please be mindful and donate what you can.

My dad used to be a volunteer firefighter in my hometown when I was younger and I remember he and his fellow volunteers doing these fundraisers at our town's major intersections. Seeing these guys out there yesterday brought back great memories. There were not, if at all, any hispanic volunteers in our town back then and I still feel quite proud of my father for being, if memory serves me correct, the only hispanic fireman during his time as a volunteer.

No comments: