Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shoes- Do leave home without them?

I ran across this article about shoes on NPR the other day and thought it veddy eenteresting. The article says that the wearing of shoes is harmful to your feet. Yeah I can see the wearing of certain types of shoes, like 5" stilettos, could do specific damage, but this analysis states that most shoes create some sort of injury to the overall health of the human foot. Essentially it says that humans have survived for many millenia without the necessity of a pair of Jimmy Choo pumps or even some funky Birkenstocks.

Yeah, I'd like to see someone tell all these gals who looove shoes that they have to do away with them. Nor would I tell all these other people whose shoes are more than a way to cover one's foot, but as a hip-hop fashion statement. Do you remember people killing others just for a pair of Air Jordans? Yeah... that's gonna work.

I'd be the first one to tell you that most of the time shoes are just special ornaments that make or break an outfit. And there's nothing wrong with a pair of great looking shoes, but I'll tell you, I've worn some that had me wishing I had gotten the lame pair of work loafers instead of the rocking pair I went with in the end. Whether they are some cool, classic loafers for myself or some that I would love seeing a cute gal wear, shoes, harmful or not, are too ingrained in our modern society to get people to stop wearing them.

No comments: