Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Motivating Medium

I've been on a consistent health kick for about a year and half now, but the last five months or so, I've been working out a lot harder and it shows. My clothes are fitting better: loose around the middle and because of my upper body regimen, I'm filling out my shirts a little differently, too. On top of looking better and getting compliments on how thinner I look, my emotional well being has also improved. Of course, the occasional ego boost from the opposite sex doesn't hurt either.

What has kept focused while I workout is listening to music. Most if not, all of the music I listen to while I workout is usually some form of techno/trance music. The omnipresent pulsing beats serve as a natural metronome when I'm on the elliptical or treadmill: I try to keep my gait faster than the bass drum beats that keep the music pumping, which in turn make my workouts that much more efficient.

Try it and you'll see what I mean!

No comments: