Thursday, October 16, 2008

RE-elect John Cornyn for US Senate

This is not an endorsement for Mr. Cornyn, but being that he is running for RE-election to the United States Senate, I just find it odd that there is no mention of him being the incumbent or anything to that effect in his campaign's television ads. His campaign ads are full of rolling, Texas landscapes and how "Washington" is not working. What I find disheartening in all this is that he has been a part of that "Washington" which he refers to for the past 6 years and says that "It" needs to be fixed, yet he never mentions any of this. So what part of Cornyn + Washington + 6 years is he afraid of? Is he afraid that he will get lumped in with the rest of the GOP who have been blamed for the current economic downturn? I do not know, but he's been a decent senator from what I have seen these past 6 years.

All I know is that his campaign is pretty slick to run these ads without the mention of his previous six years of office as Texas' junior senator. He and his campaign must think that his constituents do not know what is going on. They must assume that because he does not say he is running for RE-election, that this is his first go at the United States Senate. Of course none of what I am saying will keep him from being RE-elected, but I just want to offer my kudos to his campaign staff for pulling a fast one on us.

No comments: