Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cool b-day gift- BEER!

I got some really cool gifts for my birthday the other day. One of them was a tattoo that I've been wanting to get since I got my first one in 1999 and one of my favorite movies on dvd, The Right Stuff. I'll probably talk about the significance of my tattoo at a latter time, but I wanted to get to my cool set of gifts.

The gift consisted of beer, but not your garden variety of domestic brews, but 5 different German-made beers. Four of them are hefeweizens, or wheat beers, which is my favorite type of beer. When I lived in San Antonio there's a place I used to visit exclusively for their wheat beers. Ever since then, I've come across alot of really good hefeweizens, including Paulaner, Franzikaner, and one of my all-time faves, Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. But after trying one of my gift beers, I may have to fork out a nice chunk of change to enjoy these premiums weissbiers on a regular basis.

This is what I got:
Weihenstephaner: Hefeweissbier, Dunkelweizen, Kristallbier, Original
Schneider: Weisse

I haven't had a chance to drink all of them as of yet, but after having the Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier, I am so looking forward to the rest of them!

No comments: